Monday, August 1, 2016

Harry Potter throwback: Old moments and deeds


With Potter series, you find moments- small moments in life-


Like that immensely satisfying moment when I made a lengthy board game (on a giant chart paper) over several days and played it at length with my friends and cousins, earning myself the pleasure of watching them ogle at me with awe-struck eyes

- Like that serendipitous moment when I realized that my very first Potter reading was on a bus while returning from college, gratifyingly similar to Rowling's first seeding of the HP idea during a train journey

- Like that moment of duty-related pride when I succeeded in turning my very reluctant sisters into HP manias

-Like that moment of familial joy when I gifted a COS book to one of them and a handmade HP album to the other on their respective birthdays

-Like that moment of creative fulfillment when I inked down my own version of the final book weeks before the release of Deathly Hallows 

-Like that moment of insomniac fanaticism when I left my house a little after 4 am in order to pick my copy of Deathly Hallows

-Like that moment of extreme involvement when I set up a Facebook page (Harry Potter flows in my blood) and took it past 4,50,000 fans

-Like that moment of mindless dreaminess when I dreamt that I was sitting inside a cab with Voldemort sitting on the front seat, wearing a bunch of keys on his ears (as those keys were keys to his Horcruxes)

-Like that moment of extremism when I went to Goa with a bunch of people I had met on Facebook pages and knew them mostly through their nicknames (like I was 'Chocolate Rats', named on the lines of 'Chocolate Frog')

-Like that moment of irrepressible literary urge when I penned down HP fan-fics and even promoted shampoo products like Garnier by making Snape as its mouthpiece 

And sigh, like this moment of reminiscence when I look back fondly at those -bygone years and bygone deeds and write this long post to t2



Regards

Ritesh Agarwal





4 comments:

  1. Wow.. a true Harry Potter fan!! Too bad I missed a fine opportunity to go to "The Cursed Child" play in London!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. a true Harry Potter fan!! Too bad I missed a fine opportunity to go to "The Cursed Child" play in London!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great articles and it's movie story, It's wonderful comments to like for easiest words for knowledge in information's.

    Web Designing Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great articles and it's movie story, It's wonderful comments to like for easiest words for knowledge in information's.

    Web Designing Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Oh, now that you have taken the trouble to go through my post, feel free to pen a few words- review, criticism or the much-loved adulation!

Share please

How many stars?