Monday, July 2, 2012

Who murdered my wife



They caught me with a blood-stained knife which I happened to possess I don’t remember how. They said I stabbed my wife, my only wife, my dear lovable wife. But I don’t remember. I vaguely remember the day. I was watching television. My wife was asleep in the bedroom. It was a crime-based show in which I saw a man stabbing his wife in the sleep. That scene stirred me deeply and something happened to me. I don’t remember the subsequent events. My mind goes completely blank whenever I endeavour to think about it. I don’t remember taking the knife from the kitchen. I don’t remember tiptoeing into my wife’s room. I don’t remember when and how I stabbed her. All I remember is that she screamed in her sleep and I found myself standing by her side holding a blood-stained knife. My wife was lying in a pool of blood and I was covered in sweat. My wife’s scream alerted the neighbours who alerted the cops. The officers rushed into my residence. I was still standing by my dead wife’s side tightly clinging to the culprit knife. I stood frozen unable to comprehend the situation. I was charged with the murder of my wife, my only wife, my dear lovable wife. I was falsely accused for I did not murder my wife. No, I could not have murdered her. I loved her too much. I….I …I think I am losing sense of time….
Hello, there. I am the other side of me. I confess that it was me who murdered my wife and not my simpleton and gullible counterpart. I hated my wife. She used to nag at me all the time. I loathed her for nagging at me; I detested her for fancying that Hollywood actor; I hated her for spying on me. I had been conspiring secretly to kill her for the past many weeks. I remember the day vividly. I witnessed a man stab his wife on the television. That egged me up. My mind was made up. I rushed into the kitchen, picked up the knife and quietly entered my wife’s room. She was snoring. How I hated her snores! But tonight, I told myself, I would put a permanent end to her snoring. I held the knife high in the air and plunged it savagely into her heaving chest. A shriek emanated from her lips, hovered in the air for a second, and then all was silent. She moved no more…….
I… I don’t understand certain things. Today I shall be tried on court for the murder I did not commit. I swear I did not murder my wife. I think I am being controlled by someone else. There are blank moments when I don’t remember what I did. They are saying that I am showing symptoms of split personality. All I know is that I loved my wife deeply and I haven’t killed her……….





6 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading Ashwini :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say he's either got split personalities or he's soooooo faking it!!! LOL! Nice one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, he has got split personality

    ReplyDelete

Oh, now that you have taken the trouble to go through my post, feel free to pen a few words- review, criticism or the much-loved adulation!

Share please

How many stars?