Tuesday, February 19, 2013

55 word story: Living in grave



“Make it Rs 7,000,” my dad bargained. “We didn’t approach anyone else. Trust you completely. And I promise to give you the contract in future as well.”

I squirmed in darkness hanging on his every word.

“Deal,” the doctor grinned.

My mom sat with pursed lips, knowing well that her womb shall be my grave.







[Author's Note: The title for this story has been inspired from a phrase used in this poem by Surbhi Bafna, a co-blogger and my close friend,]



21 comments:

  1. Very nicely and thoughtfully depicted Ritesh!
    Keep writing these awesome fictions:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you keep visiting my blog please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 55 words and what a meaningful story..wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh thats sad and an ugly truth :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. check out my first 55 word story here.. it was tough and fun indeed.. :-)

    A Rat's Nibble - Sshh.. Secret

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hurting...and the worst possible manner in which a person can't do anything to it...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did justice with the title.
    Kudos \m/

    http://surbhibafna.blogspot.in
    Silly Smiles...Take you Miles:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, great story in so few words. hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Your comment went on its own....hey, how did u tag that

      Delete
  10. Very well written..Keep up the excellent work :D

    ReplyDelete

Oh, now that you have taken the trouble to go through my post, feel free to pen a few words- review, criticism or the much-loved adulation!

Share please

How many stars?