Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My carbon copy: The girl I met by sheer accident last night




You stay in Kankurgachi, I too stay in Kankurgachi. You are into English literature, I am also into English literature. You have learnt under the tutelage of Khokhon Sir; I too have learnt under the tutelage of Khokhon Sir. You love dogs, I too love dogs. Yet you cannot own one since your mother won’t permit you to, I too can’t own one since my mother won’t permit me to. But you intend to bring home a dog one day in the future, near or far; I too intend to bring home a dog one day in the future, near or far. For the time being, you survive on fondling and petting street dogs and any lovable dog that comes your way; for the time being, I too survive on fondling and petting street dogs and any lovable dog that comes my way. You had a pet parrot once which flew away on its own; I too had a pet parrot once which flew away on its own. You are bad with directions and always ask your way in and out of a place; I too am bad with directions and always ask my way in and out of a place. You teach students at your place, I also teach students at my place. You love Agatha Christie, I too love Agatha Christie.

Yet, you are someone whom I met by sheer accident last night (17th December 2013). We had no connection whatsoever and were not destined to meet. We should not have met at all. Or maybe we were actually destined to meet. Or else, why would you be my carbon copy and I yours?  



~Ritesh Agarwal


3 comments:

  1. Whoa! So many similarities :O Who is this girl now?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you standing in front of a mirror? May be with a wig on your head and thought that it was a girl :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too touching! Great you met! :)
    I have tagged you for the BlogAdda PAUS activity in my Post- http://anitaexplorer.blogspot.in/2013/12/do-not-disturb-while-we-paus.html
    Please do respond to my Tag by writing a Post :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, now that you have taken the trouble to go through my post, feel free to pen a few words- review, criticism or the much-loved adulation!

Share please

How many stars?