Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Who is your favourite cricket commentator




Image: http://www.australiancricketsociety.com/




There are quite a few commentators who should be lauded for making cricket an engaging affair even when there is sloppy cricket being played around. Harsha Bhogle comes as a great package with very strong views, a touch of wit and that right balance between being diplomatic and being outspoken. Unlike Gavaskar who usually lets his personal ire come in the way, Harsha is admirably impassive. Regardless of the position of team India, he always presents a smiling face which often makes up for the lack of one on guys like Gambhir and Dhoni.

Navjot Singh Sindhu may have been lambasted for his over-the-top commentary but you can't help but admire the oratory skills of this man. Besides, with the encyclopaedic number of quotes and maxims that he has, I bet one Mr. Shakespeare would be turning in his grave, feeling a tad insecure about the future of his legacy.

And of course, who can forget what Tony Greig did during those twin Sharjah innings of Tendulkar. Clearly, Tendulkar wasn't the only man on fire that day.



10 comments:

  1. Sidhu is my favourite! Thoko taali! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. its been so long that i lost my cricket interest.. but still i kinda like Ravi Shasthri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even i have lost some interest in cricket now that Tendulkar has retired but yeah these commentators add some spice when the food turns stale :)

      Delete
  3. As you mentioned Tony Greig is certainly my Fav..Even Now I sometimes listen to his commentary in Youtube...He really made any match exciting to watch..and Now I kind of like Ravi Shastri and Sanjay Manjrekar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ravi and Sanjay are good too...But Tony could really inject life into a corpse :P

      Delete
  4. Suresh Saraiya and Tony Greig. I was a big cricket fan since my childhood. But a couple of years ago, don't know how and when? I lost interest and don't watch any format of the game. Sometimes I do enjoy test matches when played in ENG or AUS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes even my interest in cricket has waned...I seldom watch t20s or ODIs. I just watch Test cricket but now with the departure of Sachin, even that is going to come to a stop :'(

      Delete

Oh, now that you have taken the trouble to go through my post, feel free to pen a few words- review, criticism or the much-loved adulation!

Share please

How many stars?